Search Society Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

April 9th Peggy Is Our Discussion Leader For "When I Was A Child I Read Books"

Peggy proposed Marilynne Robinson's book of essays, When I Was a Child I Read Books, and will lead us in our discussion on April 9th.  As usual I looked on-line for some discussion of the book and found:   

In this lucid but impassioned collection, Robinson expands with renewed vigor the themes that have preoccupied her work. When I Was a Child I Read Books tackles the charged political and social climate in this country, the deeply embedded role of generosity in Christian faith, and the nature of individualism and the myth of the American West. 

That's just one very brief summary.  So check out this book of essays and pick a few that you really liked so you can share your discoveries and insights with the rest of us when you come to the meeting on April 9th at the Harrisonburg Barnes and Noble from 7:30 p.m. to around 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment