Members of the society often meet for a light dinner at Panera's shortly after six p.m. on the day of the meeting. If you drop in at Panera's you'll likely be able to tell who the Lewisians are ... and if not just ask and you'll find us.
Discussion Questions for "The Last Battle"
1. Do you see specific parallels between events in the LB and eschatology as described in the Christian Scriptures?
2. Which characters do you relate with and why?
3. Who are the dwarfs?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the judgments executed upon the characters in the LB?
5. Why does Lewis include all the CN characters in this volume (except Susan, of course)?
6. Aslan permits Emeth into the new Narnia. What does this imply or mean?
7. Is the new Narnia attractive or not? Why or why not?
8. Puzzle and the Shift live out in an isolated place. Would Shift have had
that degree of power if they had not been isolated? This one is totally
out from left field---is Lewis saying anything about isolation and
community, and the dangers of each?
9. I was thinking about the ending to the Lord of the Rings and the ending to
this. Both stories have an ending of an age/era/world but they are very
different. Do you get the same feeling about the elves ending their
sojourn and leaving Middle Earth as you do about, basically all the good
guys dying off in this world, as well as the loss of the old Narnia?
If you want to receive emails about the meetings and get the discussion questions by email just send a quick note with your email address and name to firstname.lastname@example.org