Saturday, March 24, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
Join us at the Harrisonburg Barnes and Noble as we explore this second volume of C.S. Lewis's space trilogy. Jessica will be our leader and discussion questions will be posted here as the meeting day approaches. If you'd like to be on the mailing list for the society please email the C.S. Lewis Society of Harrisonburg and mention you'd like to be on the list. The society meets each month on the second Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Harrisonburg Barnes and Noble. See you there!
Perelandra Questions for April 12th
Skipping long boring prelude .... here are all the questions for Perelandra by C. S. Lewis (page numbers in parentheses):
- How long did it take you to figure out that Lewis was talking about himself at the beginning of the book? (22)
- Discuss the description of Lewis' journey to Ransom's house. (10-20)
- Discuss the description of Perelandra given right after Ransom's landing there. (34-44)
- What did you think of the first meeting of the green
lady and Ransom?
- his surprise that she was a she
- her laughter
- her "I was young" comments
- the obvious connection with Maleldil that she had
- his lie to her and its effect on him
- At the beginning of chapter 6 there is a description of pressure. Did it remind you of anything?
- When Ransom and Weston were speaking after they met on Perelandra, what did Weston say his mission was? (91)
- In the middle of page 96 what is it that happens to Weston?
- What is it that causes Ransom to know why he has been sent to Perelandra? (108-111)
- Discuss Ransom's train of thought that brought him to the realization of what he had to do? (140-150)
- What did you think of all the temptations? Did they remind you at all of Screwtape?
- How, in the end, did Ransom kill Weston? (181)
- What did you think of the descriptions of the two eldila —Malacandra and Perelandra? (193-202)
- Does Ransom's bleeding heel make you think of anything?
- Did reading this book affect you in any way?
- What is your opinion of Perelandra (the book)?